Holds a Ph.D in sociology from the Jagiellonian University (2009); M.A. in sociology (Jagiellonian University). She has been an awardee of several scholarships and grants: Lanckoronski Foundation (Centro Studi Emigrazione and Bibliteca Nazionale, Rome 2016), Society-Environment-Technology program of the Jagiellonian University (Scuola Estiva di Sociologia delle Migrazioni, Centro Studi Medì, Genova 2015), JU Faculty of International and Political Studies grants for young scholars (research grant - National Library and Centro Studi Emigrazione, Rome; book project), Huygens Research Scholarship (Radboud University in Nijmegen 2004). From June 2009 to September 2010 she served as a member of the Expert Committee on Return Migration and Immigration, Office of the Commissioner for Human Rights. She also served as a member of the JU Faculty of International and Political Studies Recruitment Committee (2011-2016). Member of the Committee for Migration Studies of the Polish Academy of Science.
- Vice director of the Institute of American Studies and Polish Diaspora
- Sociology and Antropology of Migration
- Migration Policy
- Migration and Ehnicity in Italy
- Italian Diaspora in America
- Transatlantic Migration
- Social Policy
Research projects & grants:
- Migration and Arts - „Studia Migracyjne – Przegląd Polonijny”, vol. 1, 2020; co-editor of the volume
- Italy – cultural mosaic - book project (co-author Karolina Golemo)
Past research projects & grants:
- Polityka migracyjna Włoch [Italy's migration policy] – research at Centro Studi Emigrazione, Biblioteca Nazionale, Rzym; Lanckoronski Foundation grant
- EUROEMIGRANCI - Młoda polska emigracja w UE jako przedmiot badań psychologicznych, socjologicznych i kulturowych [New Migrations from Poland: psychological. Sociologican and cultural perspectives ]; project financially supported from the funds granted by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the competition for the public task “Cooperation with Polish Diaspora and Poles Abroad in 2013; Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences – participant in the project
- Polish Schools in Great Britain: tradition and changes; project financially supported from the funds granted by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the competition for the public task “Cooperation with Polish Diaspora and Poles Abroad in 2012; Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences – main researcher in the project
- Kapitał Sportowy Polaków [Sport and Social capital] – Project Social Capital 2012, University of Warsaw and Jagiellonian University 2009 – researcher and Krakow team leader, 2009.
- FeMiPol: Integration of Female Immigrants in Labour Market and Society. Policy Assessment and Policy Recommendations - 6th Framework Programme of the European Commission; Institute of Sociology, Jagiellonian University (2006-2008) – researcher in the project
- New Neighbours – inclusion of young people with minority background, Youth Integration Programme, Oslo, Norway (September 2007).
- History of Social Work in Eastern Europe 1900-1960 – Volkswagen Foundation, International Research Project coordinated by K. Schilde and D. Schulte (University of Siegen), 2003-2005 - researcher