M.A. in Sociology, Institute of Sociology, UJ; Ph.D. in Humanities (sociology), Faculty of Philosophy, UJ; Postdoctoral degree (habilitacja) in Humanities (political science), Faculty of International and Political Studies, UJ
Scholarships, foreign institutions: J.F. Kennedy Institute, Freie Universitat, Berlin; The Kosciuszko Foundation, New York; Multicultural History Society of Ontario, Toronto; Department of Sociology, University of Toronto; McGill University, Montreal; Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, NOVA University Lisbon, Lizbona.
Membership: Polish Association for Canadian Studies, one of the founder; Polish Sociological Association; Committee for Migration Studies and Polish Diaspora
of the Polish Academy of Sciences, former Committee for Polish Diaspora Studies.
Functions at IAiSP:
- 2008-2012; 2012-2016 deputy director, Institute of American Studies and Polish Diaspora, Jagiellonian University
Fields of specializations:
- Political sciences and sociology of nation and ethnic relations:
- Canadian studies /main fields of interests/: immigration policy and ethnic relations; multiculturalism; Polish ethnic group in Canada; history and contemporary problems of the Quebec society; the changes of the Quebecois ideology; the Quebec policy towards ethnic groups living in the province - history and contemporary problems of the ethnic groups in Montreal: British, Polish, Jews, Dutch and Portuguese
- Polish society : ways of transformations of post-communism societies; transformations of contemporary Polish society; Polish society in the processes of migrations; ethnic minorities in Poland.
- Europe: national aspirations of European ethnic groups – Basque people.