STEP-IN has provided support to people affected by conflicts in Iraq, Syria and recently also Ukraine. Their aim is to effectively deliver a comprehensive range of services focused on health in its holistic definition, with the belief that such an approach is the best way to support people and communities they work with, creating the conditions in which they can reach their full potential. Their mission is to provide quality, equitable healthcare and promote a social environment that allows well-being in all its dimensions.
During the meeting, we will discuss with our guests their experiences and actions in the field, the making of the book ‘2014. The Year I Died’, as well as the current humanitarian crisis.
- Zuzana Ulman, a medical doctor who, seeing the dramatic situation of displaced people in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, brought a team together to create STEP-IN. She came up with the idea of writing down stories of people affected by the 2014 ISIS expansion.
- Przemysław Ulman is a co-founder and program manager at STEP-IN. Present in the field from the very beginning, he makes sure the team's operations are possible.
- Katarzyna Nowak joined the STEP-IN team in 2018 and was deeply involved in the process of publishing the book '2014. THE YEAR I DIED'.
The meeting will be moderated by: Dr Joanna Kulpińska & Dr Karolina Czerska-Shaw
Wydarzenie można zaliczyć w ramach programu OSA:
- Opiekun: dr Joanna Kulpińska
- Liczba godzin OSA: 2 godziny
- Forma zaliczenia: podpis na karcie OSA na koniec wydarzenia.